Image hosting by Photobucket

One disaster too many...

Thursday, February 02, 2006



Well friends, I am here once again to share with you some very sad news about SE Louisiana. What you are looking at above is not a Hurricane Katrina photo. It is a tornado aftermath photo taken today.

About 2:00 this morning I was suddenly awakened by tornado sirens. This has happened many times before when we are having a bad thunderstorm, but I tell you that last night was the MOTHER OF ALL THUNDERSTORMS!!!! I have never heard a louder, stronger storm (I wonder what it must have sounded like during Hurricane Katrina - I'm so happy I evacuated!). I was absolutely terrified. We grabbed our children and ran to a bathroom that is in the center of our home and I tell you we were scared. We heard hail, we heard LOUD swirly-sounding wind (if that makes sense) and horrible thunder. I was really afraid that a tornado was about to plow through our home. We spent quite a while waiting out the storm. When it finally passed my city, it moved on to the airport and an F-1 tornado actually did touch down there and damage it. The airport is about 15 minutes away. We are so thankful that once again God spared our city.

The worst part is that a second tornado, an F-2, touched down in the Lakeview neighborhood. Remember them? They are the ones right by the 17th street canal - many of them had water to their rooftops after Hurricane Katrina - several of them had just begun rebuilding - and now what was once ravaged by water is now completely demolished by wind. Some of the homes that were destroyed today actually made it through the hurricane without flooding - they felt so blessed a few months ago, and now they find themselves in the same boat as their neighbors - homeless. I cried as I watched the news today. It seemed so unfair - so UNrandom...But still, I KNOW that my God is in control. There are a lot of hurting people today. Louisiana needs your prayers.

3 tattled:

  • At 2/03/2006 8:38 AM, Blogger MarylandMommy said…

    Praying for all of those affected...

    ^j^ ^j^ ^j^
    <>< <>< <><

     
  • At 2/03/2006 10:03 AM, Blogger Renee said…

    I heard about this. It's just awful. I'll remember them in my prayers.

     
  • At 2/08/2006 4:30 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    Wow, I must've been under a rock when this happened! I'm so sorry to hear the news and will be praying for everyone affected by the tornado.
    Love,
    Kim

     

Post a Comment

<< Home