Image hosting by Photobucket

Prayer Need

Friday, July 29, 2005


*****************UPDATE - SATURDAY 9:00 AM ****************
I just talked to my parents who are on the way to see my grandfather right now. The doctor told my granmother this morning that it would only be another day or so. He hasn't had anything to eat or drink in 3 days because he is unconscious most of the time. He is just too weak to wake up. My husband and I will be leaving when we get the call. Thanks so much for your kind words and prayers!

*****************ORIGINAL POST - FRIDAY********************












This is a picture of my family - my husband and kids, my grandparents, my sister and her husband (holding the baby), and my dad a few weeks ago when we all visited the hospice. My Papa was stable so we brought our whole family up to visit him.

Several weeks ago I posted about my grandfather who has end stage lymphoma. We received a phone call last night that he was probably not going to make it another 24 hours. He has suffered with this disease for 7 years and has told us that he is now ready to go "home". He knows the Lord - actually when I did my 100 List last night #100 said that I admired his faith (I wrote that before I got the phone call). He and my grandmother are such strong Christians. My prayer request is that my grandfather passes on without any pain (he is developing pneumonia and his body is too weak to handle all of his coughing), and for my family to have a peace in knowing that he will be in a place where he will not suffer any longer. I'm sorry this post is so depressing, but I love all you guys and know that you are prayer warriors. Not everyone in my extended family is living for the Lord and I pray that somehow through this the life of my grandfather will touch them and turn them back on the right path. Does that make sense? My family will probably be traveling either today or tomorrow (depending on when we get the call), so could you also pray for a safe journey? I will be leaving my 3 kids with my husband's parents because we feel they are too young for all of this. Thanks so much for your prayers!

7 tattled:

  • At 7/29/2005 11:22 AM, Blogger Jana said…

    I will say a prayer for you all, particularly for the salvation of unsaved family. I'm sorry for your loss.

     
  • At 7/29/2005 2:32 PM, Blogger BayouMaMa said…

    Heather, you know I'm here if you need me. Please call and keep me updated. You and your family are in my prayers and I stand in agreement with you about the salvation of your loved ones. I love you girl! {{hugs}}

     
  • At 7/29/2005 2:48 PM, Blogger {LyndsD} said…

    Oh girl I am so totally praying for you and your family. I know this is a tough time. If you need anything just let me know... *big hugs* Please keep us updated.

     
  • At 7/29/2005 2:53 PM, Blogger MarylandMommy said…

    I am praying for you & your family during this very difficult time. <><

     
  • At 7/30/2005 11:59 AM, Blogger BayouMaMa said…

    Hey again! Thanks for the update. Still holding you up in prayer...and don't plan to quit. Love ya!

     
  • At 7/30/2005 9:36 PM, Blogger Refreshment in Refuge said…

    Father, I lift up my sister, Heather and her family to You. Take care of them, give them strength, bring them peace and keep the joy in their hearts. Your will be done. Amen.

     
  • At 7/30/2005 10:09 PM, Blogger LAMommyof3 said…

    Thanks so much for all of your kind words!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home