Image hosting by Photobucket

We Made It!

Saturday, September 24, 2005


Good morning! Well, we made it through yet another hurricane in Southeast Louisiana.

Last night got pretty scary there for a while. We had a feeder band that stayed over us for a few hours and the winds were staying in the 40 - 50 mph range. The wind was LOUD and the rain was coming down sideways! I was so afraid of a tornado, but God is good and we are safe. This morning it is still quite windy but it isn't raining at the moment. I can't believe that the storm is in Texas right now and we are still getting winds gusting to 30mph! We did lose power at 5:30 AM but it came back on around 8. I'm sure the worst is over now. We haven't been out yet, but I'd bet there are plenty of tree branches down in yards.

Thanks so much to all of you for your prayers! Hopefully this will be the LAST time this year I have to devote my blog to writing about a hurricane!! :0)

3 tattled:

  • At 9/24/2005 9:19 AM, Blogger MarylandMommy said…

    Glad you are all safe!!! Praying for those in Texas.....

     
  • At 9/24/2005 10:45 AM, Blogger {LyndsD} said…

    That is simply AWESOME! God is wonderful! I knew he would keep you all safe. I am still praying for everyone, but I am extremely happy to hear that you guys are safe and sound. :o) Hope you hvae the best weekend possible!!!! :o)

     
  • At 9/29/2005 6:07 AM, Blogger BayouMaMa said…

    Praise God! Our parish was spared one more time!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home