Image hosting by Photobucket

Question of the Week

Saturday, September 03, 2005




Throughout all of the craziness this week, and as the day when we are able to return home draws nearer, I can't help but wonder how I will discuss the damage and destruction my children will see on our way back home to SE Louisiana. We have not allowed them to watch the news obviously, but there are going to be things that they see and hear either firsthand or from other kids at school. No doubt about it our lives will be different now - even down to the malls we go to and the restaurants we enjoy...I know I will discuss the goodness of God in protecting our family, but I'm sure there will be lots of questions.

Any ideas out there?

6 tattled:

  • At 9/04/2005 12:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, i can't even imagine how tough that is......... it reminds me of when my little boy and I watched the first space shuttle (that blew up) on television.........how to explain what he just witnessed.

    I guess you have to focus on the positive examples of blessings in your everyday talk that they "overhear". Kids listen to what adults say to each other I think to judge the moods.

     
  • At 9/04/2005 2:12 PM, Blogger {LyndsD} said…

    Wow twin... I am with Peri. I am still totally praying for all of you. In you need anything please don't hesitate to ask. Please keep us posted when you can.

     
  • At 9/06/2005 7:17 AM, Blogger MarylandMommy said…

    You & your family are still in our prayers! Do you have a mailing address I could have? You can e-mail me privately.

     
  • At 9/06/2005 8:31 PM, Blogger Mandy said…

    Hi from Oregon!
    Wow- what to tell them? The most important thing to let them know is that the danger of Katrina is past. Kids do better with trauma than most people think, but especially so when they know that they're safely past it and when they see the grownups around them take on the challneges that remain without fear or dread.

     
  • At 9/08/2005 2:12 PM, Blogger LAMommyof3 said…

    Thanks so much for all of you kind, encouraging words!

    Maryland Mommy, if you let me know your email address, I will send you my mailing address.

    Thanks so much for your prayers!!!

     
  • At 9/11/2005 5:09 PM, Blogger BayouMaMa said…

    We allowed Jonah (age 6) to watch some of the news. I really want him to understand that some things are out of our control...but that we can get through anything if we depend on the One who is in control.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home