Image hosting by Photobucket

Laptops Rule!!

Sunday, September 18, 2005



I bought a laptop about a week ago and I love it!! I bought an HP Pavilion zv6000 from a WALMART in a town about 30 minutes away (our Walmart is still only taking in a few customers at a time - there is A VERY LONG LINE outside almost all the time - and it's only open until 6pm). Who would have thought you could buy computers at the same store where you get diapers and cereal?!? That cracks me up! Anyway, Walmart had a great deal - you got the laptop, a bag for it, and a printer for $827!

We also bought a Wireless Router. This cool toy allows you to hook your laptop up to the internet without any wires! I can sit anywhere in my house and get on the internet!! The other night I was in bed blogging - it was wonderful!!! The router was about $60 at Best Buy. When I got on the internet before I had to have my back to my kids, but now I can sit in the living room on the couch next to them and not feel so isolated. This morning I actually set it on the counter in the bathroom while I was taking a shower and I was playing a Contemporary Christian music station (on Yahoo). I was worshiping in the shower all thanks to my new laptop and wireless router.
This is my new favorite toy!! Anybody else out there with a laptop?

2 tattled:

  • At 9/18/2005 10:33 PM, Blogger Refreshment in Refuge said…

    I want a laptop! Both my daughters have one, but somehow, I got left out. (pout)

    I'm delighted for you! I know you will have hours of joy because you can take it anywhere.

     
  • At 9/19/2005 11:06 AM, Blogger {LyndsD} said…

    I so WANT A LAPTOP!!!! I want one so when we go places I can save our pictures on it vs. hoping they come off the card ok. Also so when it is nice outside and the lil one is taking a nap I can sit on the patio and look, blog whatever my lil heart desires. But it's not in our budget... YET! ;o) Pretty sweet girl!!! Congrats!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home