Image hosting by Photobucket

A little nervous...

Thursday, September 22, 2005


I don't know guys...I'm starting to get a little uneasy over here. We are now under a Tropical Storm Warning, and our schools have closed for tomorrow. Wow - talk about dejavu. I know that our area will not receive a direct hit from Hurricane Rita, but some local forecastors are really leaning toward a LA landfall, possibly as far as central LA. (The hurricane warning extends east to Morgan City, LA. That is only about an hour and a half away from where Bayou Mama and I live.) We've started having rain bands come in and the wind has picked up a little. The highest wind gust so far was 31. Boy I sure hope this thing doesn't turn out to be a double whammy for LA!!

4 tattled:

  • At 9/22/2005 6:10 PM, Blogger MarylandMommy said…

    Praying for you all.....keep us posted when you can!!!!

     
  • At 9/22/2005 7:57 PM, Blogger {LyndsD} said…

    Oh so praying for you all!!! Constantly on my mond... Please keep us posted on you all!!!

     
  • At 9/22/2005 10:54 PM, Blogger BayouMaMa said…

    Hey girl...I'm over here twiddling my thumbs...not feeling too good about this either. All I gotta say is...these professional meteorologists better not miss this by a couple of hundred miles! Praying for whoever gets this thing and for all of the evacuees stuck out on the highways!
    Good Night...yea...like I'm gonna sleep tonight! ;-)

     
  • At 9/22/2005 11:06 PM, Blogger Refreshment in Refuge said…

    I'm praying that God will reduce this storm in His mighty hand. Peace, be still.

    Batten down and be safe!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home