Image hosting by Photobucket

LA Mommy of...4?!?

Wednesday, July 06, 2005


I'm sure many of us have been there before. You're "late" and you resign yourself to go buy a test...man those 2 minutes seem like a lifetime. Today we had one of those scares. I won't keep you guessing - according to the folks at EPT, I am NOT PREGNANT.

However, I am a little perplexed. I am probably a month late by now and I've taken 2 tests a week apart and both were negative. As much as I ADORE my children, the thought of having 4 made me think about checking myself into a psychiatric clinic or something. :) What's funny is that one of my first thoughts was "I'm too old!" I'm only 31 but my body feels a lot different now than when I had my first son at 23. I'm aching and popping and cracking in places I didn't even know I had before! :)

When my husband and I found out I was pregnant for our third child (our daughter) we were SHOCKED. We thought we were finished having children and really had no plans to have any more. (I have to interject here that I am SO HAPPY that I have my daughter and I can't imagine my life without her. It's amazing the way God knows EXACTLY what we need even when we don't know!) My husband's reaction was not exactly that of joy - we were in the process of building a new house and finally getting on our feet financially. Anyway, I was really upset last time at how he was not as supportive as I would have liked in those first months of my pregnancy. Don't get me wrong, he was very sweet, but I could tell that all he kept thinking was "How are we going to afford this?!?!" But today was different. I was waiting for the "test results" and he came in holding our daughter and looked at me and said that last time he was upset and God gave him Gabrielle (she is very much DADDY's GIRL already), so this time he was going to be okay no matter what happened. That meant a lot to me.

Well, hopefully that will be our last scare...ever! :) But, if God decides to surprise us with another "bundle of joy" at least I know that I have a WONDERFUL, supportive husband to see me through.

3 tattled:

  • At 7/06/2005 5:57 PM, Blogger BayouMaMa said…

    Wow! Are you blonde again? I believe that got you in trouble last time. ;-) Ok...just for the record, I have heard you pop and crack...but you are not too old. I'm glad to know DH was so sweet about everything...your little girl is such a doll baby...I can't imagine you not having her either. Curious to see what's causing you to be late...praying everything is ok.

     
  • At 7/06/2005 8:06 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    I had my son at 23 also. I'm 25 now. My older sister had a surprise baby boy 3 weeks before I delivered Blake. They were on the pill and everything. When God wants a baby born, nothing can stop Him. ;)
    Praying that everything is okay with your body and that it is just a fluke that you're late.

     
  • At 7/06/2005 8:12 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    Your kids are adorable by the way! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home