Image hosting by Photobucket

Answers

Friday, June 17, 2005


Isn't it funny the way one day you struggle so much with making a decision and the next day everything seems so clear?

Yesterday the answer to my dilemma came in the strangest way. I decided that my children come first and I will continue to work at the private Christian school that has been so good to me for the past 5 years. I may not be thrilled about teaching first graders again, but I just trust that God knows what He is doing!

Besides, I would miss getting to see my (almost 2-year old) daughter being pulled in the little wagon around the school campus during the day. I would also miss seeing all of the little music and awards programs that my sons participate in.

Being a mommy means sometimes sacrificing "stuff" in order to just be there.

Being a public school teacher: $33,000 a year.

Being with my kids: priceless.

3 tattled:

  • At 6/17/2005 6:29 PM, Blogger BayouMaMa said…

    I am so happy and proud of you for putting "being there" first. You are sowing good seed...and you will reap a harvest of love from your kids. I know it was hard to walk away from the financial gains that would have come, but you're right...what you have with your kids everyday is priceless. You will never regret this kind of sacrifice. I'm so excited that you are staying and can't wait to see what the Lord is doing. Love ya!

     
  • At 6/23/2005 3:56 PM, Blogger Tina said…

    YAY!

     
  • At 6/23/2005 4:57 PM, Blogger The Preacher's Kid said…

    Kewl! No more important job on the planet than being a mom. More power to ya!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home