Image hosting by Photobucket

My 100 List

Friday, July 01, 2005


1. My first name is Heather.
2. I have always lived in Louisiana.
3. My husband's name is Eric.
4. We have been married for 9 years.
5. We are both born-again Christians.
6. We have 3 children (2 boys - 7 and 6, and 1 girl - 2)
7. I am a first grade teacher at a private Christian school.
8. We built a house 2 years ago and we love it.
9. We rented 3 apartments before we moved into our house.
10. I have a bachelor's degree in Child Psychology.
11. I love the color blue.
12. I have blue eyes.
13. I hate my hair.
14. I never battled with my weight until I had children. Right now I still look pregnant! I struggle with being overweight - and sometimes get very depressed over it.
15. This will be my 6th year teaching.
16. My husband and I have never been in a fight (we have disagreed but never screamed at each other).
17. I have never been drunk.
18. I have never done drugs of any kind.
19. My sister is my best friend (other than my DH).
20. I love my parents and have a great relationship with them.
21. I have never traveled outside the U.S.
22. I hate being outside when it is hot (I'm definitely an indoor girl).
23. I love tulips.
24. I love to watch reality shows like Survivor, Big Brother, and American Idol.
25. I sing in my church choir and sometimes help direct.
26. My sister and I sang backup vocals on a CD done by a local Christian artist.
27. I was on the Dance Team in high school.
28. When I was 14, I performed a solo dance routine in Ceasar's Palace at a dance competition.
29. I performed in the opening act of the Cotton Bowl parade in high school.
30. On my honeymoon I went to Disney World for one week and on a cruise to the Bahamas for the second week.
31. Disney World is my absolute favorite vacation.
32. We are planning to go again next Mardi Gras.
33. Last month we got a new Nissan Quest.
34. I love to eat seafood.
35. My favorite restaurant is Red Lobster.
36. I love to order the fondue for an appetizer.
37. I also love their crab legs.
38. I met my husband at his best friend's house.
39. I used to date his best friend.
40. My best friend was his best friend's sister.
41. They both stood in our wedding.
42. I am 3 years older than my husband.
43. I love to play volleyball and tennis.
44. I haven't played tennis in many years.
45. I used to be captain of my gymnastics team.
46. I used to be able to do a no-handed cartwheel (an arial), a back handspring, and a back walkover.
47. Thinking about doing any of that now makes my back ache! :)
48. I love chocolate.
49. God's greatest gift was the combination of chocolate and peanut butter.
50. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE Reeses cups - the best is the Reeses eggs available at Easter time.
51. I love holidays - especially Christmas.
52. For Christmas I put out a little village - each year we add another building or two to our collection.
53. I am very organized - sometimes my husband calls me obsessive-compulsive.
54. I love my job.
55. I love being a mommy.
56. My favorite drink is Coca Cola.
57. I don't drink Coke at home because of all of the calories, so I drink Diet Dr. Pepper. I drink Coke when I go out to eat!!
58. I don't like nuts of any kind.
59. I absolutely hate coconut.
60. I am not always punctual - I am often running late (I hate that - its' a bad habit)!!
62. I was raised Southern Baptist.
63. I started attending an Assembly of God church after high school and joined it a year later.
64. I won Christian School Teacher of the Year for the state of LA last year.
65. I don't always read the Bible as much as I should.
66. I want an even closer relationship to the Lord than I have now.
67. I like figuring out Math problems.
68. I did not like Math in high school.
69. I also enjoy brain teasers.
70. I am not good with directions - I get lost sometimes. I need to SEE the map, not just read the directions - and that's kinda hard when you are driving.
71. I am good at being "co-pilot" - reading the map and telling my husband which way to turn on a trip. He calls me MAP GIRL.
72. My mother called me Heater Hose growing up.
73. I always hated that nickname - it made no sense!
74. I am 5'10" tall - only one inch shorter than my husband.
75. I never wear true heels because I am so tall - I wear flats or pumps.
76. I make a really funny monkey face that always seemed to amuse my friends at parties. ;)
77. I am claustrophobic.
78. I am extremely scared of roaches.
79. And spiders.
80. And wasps.
81. When I say scared I mean SCARED - I once almost jumped in a student's lap because I thought a spider was on me.
82. I love to laugh.
83. I love the way I feel when my house is in order.
84. I enjoy reading.
85. I have read all 13 of the Left Behind series books.
86. I also love to read books by Nicholas Sparks.
87. I want to read A Purpose Driven Life.
88. I have trouble saying no to people.
89. I am a lot like Monica on Friends.
90. I have been told I am competitive.
91. I love to play board games.
92. I like to watch romantic comedies - While You Were Sleeping is one of my favorites.
93. I also enjoy disaster movies - Titanic, Independence Day, I, Robot, and Armaggedon are among my favorites.
94. I do not curse.
95. I hate movies where the characters curse.
96. I think a lot.
97. I get flustered/stressed out easily, but people tell me I don't show it.
98. My husband sees it - he knows me better than anyone.
99. I still have all 4 of my grandparents living.
100. I admire the faith of my paternal grandparents.

4 tattled:

  • At 7/28/2005 5:11 PM, Blogger {LyndsD} said…

    OMG...We have so much in common! More then I thought we did. I think we really are long lost sisters. :o)GREAT 100 I truly enjoyed reading yours.

     
  • At 7/28/2005 5:47 PM, Blogger LAMommyof3 said…

    Thanks themartins - yours are great too! :) I would LOVE to have another sister! :0)

    CORRECTION: Oops! I have only traveled outside the U.S. once - on my honeymoon to the Bahamas. I guess I was thinking more along the lines of Europe or something. I guess number 101 would be that I can be a little dingy sometimes! :)

     
  • At 7/28/2005 6:31 PM, Blogger MarylandMommy said…

    Great list!!! We have a lot of similarities too!!!

     
  • At 7/28/2005 11:34 PM, Blogger BayouMaMa said…

    Wow! There were actually a few things on that list I didn't know. I really want to see your monkey face, too. ;-) See ya at school "Heater Hose." (OK, that really doesn't make any sense...but you can't blame a girl for wanting to take a shot at it. *chuckle*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home