Image hosting by Photobucket

Ready for Hurricane Season 2006?!?

Wednesday, May 31, 2006



The New Orleans Superdome is still quite damaged after Hurricane Katrina blew off part of the roof last August.

Tomorrow marks the beginning of Hurricane Season, and I have to be honest folks, part of me is terrified. Yesterday I spent the day with my husband, my kids, and my sister and her hubby in New Orleans at the Aquarium of the Americas, which just reopened this week, next to the river. As I passed by the Superdome (see picture above) I was reminded of just how much work is left to be done to recover from LAST Hurricane season. So much of the area next to the 17th Street Canal is a ghost town - many homes are still virtually untouched since the storm. I don't want to dwell on all of that, but I said this to say please pray for New Orleans. So much still needs to be done before we are ready for another storm. And now, more of our day yesterday...



The kids had a great time at the Aquarium! We also went to the IMAX theater (next door) to see a Coral Reef movie which was beautiful! After the movie ended we just sat along the river - there was a nice breeze blowing and the kids liked watching the boats pass by.


The sun was in our eyes - this is not the greatest picture! :)




We ended the evening by eating at Deanie's Seafood Restaurant, a GREAT seafood restaurant. I ordered the crawfish quartet, which had crawfish au gratin, crawfish etouffee, crawfish balls, and fried crawfish. Needless to say I had to get a take home box! :) It was a great day filled with great food and fun with the family. How is your summer going so far?

2 tattled:

  • At 6/01/2006 11:06 AM, Blogger Renee said…

    That looks great! I've been wanting to go to the aquarium but haven't made it there yet.

     
  • At 6/01/2006 4:38 PM, Blogger BayouMaMa said…

    Hey girlie!

    So glad you guys had fun! I'm hoping to make a trip there this summer also...maybe with BayouGranny and BayouPawPaw.

    I LOVE Deanie's! They know how to make seafood the way Cajuns like to eat it! That's one of BayouPaPa's favorite places to eat.

    I love the family pictures! With 5 of you...it's alot harder for everyone to strike a pose at the same time. Kuddos for trying! :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home